Okay this is NOT a production of mine, I so wanna sing this and possibly include this or something similar in my own productions....
- Here's what I love the most about this song: It's totally true. This song is every boy band song EVER!!
- If studied, I think you could possibly release a whole album with just this formula.
- I think I might do my own version of this song as soon as I find the time, and then write a song with this formula, and not tell anyone, and see where it takes me.
- I'm writing several musicals at the moment and I wonder if this format also works in a musical movie setting.
I mean, just check out these lyrics:
- Declaration of my feelings for you
Elaboration on those feelings
Description of how long these feelings have existed
Belief that no one else could feel the same as I
Reminiscence of the pleasant times we shared
And our relationship's perfection
Recounting of the steps that led to our love's dissolution
Mostly involving my unfaithfulness and lies
Penitent admission of wrongdoing
Discovery of the depth of my affection
Regret over the lateness of my epiphany
Title of the song
Nave expression of love
Reluctance to accept that you are gone
Request to turn back time
And rectify my wrongs
Repetition of the title of the song
Enumeration of my various transgressive actions
Of insufficient motivation
Realization that these actions led to your departure
And my resultant lack of sleep and appetite
Renunciation of my past insensitive behavior
Promise of my reformation
Reassurance that you still are foremost in my thoughts now
Need for instructions how to gain your trust again
Request for reconciliation
Listing of the numerous tasks that I'd perform
Of physical and emotional compensation
Acknowledgment that I acted foolishly
Increasingly desperate pleas for your return
Sorrow for my infidelity
Vain hope that my sins are forgivable
Appeal for one more opportunity
Drop to my knees to elicit crowd response
Prayers to my chosen deity
Modulation and I hold a high note...
Lyrics were cut and paste from here