- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 31 - The Goodhearts
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 30 - Fanning the Flames
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 29 - After Ever After
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 28 - The New Girl in Tow...
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 27 - Yesterday Once More...
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 26 - Date with the Queen...
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 25 - Quest for the Stars...
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 24 - Adam4Steve
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 23 - Casting
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 22 - Riley's World
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 21 - Madness of the Hatt...
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 20 - Rebellious Holidays...
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 19 - The Princess Quest
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 18 - A Boy Named Jordy
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 17 - Hey Old Friend
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 16 - Feminist Storytime
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 15 - Mister Sister
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 14 - Gambino
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 13 - Misfit Toys
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 12 - Dead Teenagers
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 11 - Sisters and Their B...
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 10 - Lorina by the Brook...
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 9 - ...for the Ninth Tim...
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 8 - Theo
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 7 - The Princess and the...
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 6 - The First Time(s) We...
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 5 - I Wanna Be Loved By ...
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 4 - Cinderella at Comic ...
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 3: Dorothy and Alice
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 2 - 10 Years Later...
- 31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 1 - Romeo and Juliet 2
- ▼ August (31)
- ► 2012 (18)
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 13 - Misfit Toys
SCENE - THE ATTIC
A dusty attic. Boxes are everywhere. ALEX enters with MOM
behind him. He is looking for something
I just don't understand why you put
I don't understand. Why do you
still have toys in your room?
You're 30. And you live with your
ALEX is looking around the attic.
Please let's not do this again.
You know you can stay here as long
as you want.
Please don't say that again. Where
I don't know. I put them in a box
and the box is in here. Now if you
don't mind, I'm going to get dinner
ready. We're having spaghetti.
I like spaghetti.
I know dear.
ALEX (CALLING OUT TO THE BOXES AS HE
SORTS THROUGH THEM)
Guys, where are you? Hello.
Alex, we're over here.
Over here Alex.
ALEX opens up a box and looks through it.
These are books. Oooh nice books
too. (reading the spine of one of
the books) The Philosophy of
Legally Blonde. Good book.
Alex, we're over here. Help us
ALEX puts the box side and goes for another box.
Okay. Let's see.
ALEX opens up a new box and is happy.
There you guys are. I'm sorry guys.
ALEX takes out a stuffed panda. PERRY.
Wow, it's musty in there.
ALEX places PERRY on the ground. He then takes out a rag
doll. RAGGEDY SANDY. He places RAGGEDY SANDY next to PERRY.
What are you trying to say?
Nothing personal, it's just not the
most comfortable thing to be in a
cardboard box, and with you all
crammed in my ear.
Well excuse me.
ALEX places a fashion doll on the ground. DARLIE.
Can you two stop arguing? You're
getting in my ear now.
They can't help it. They're in
ALEX places a super hero action figure on the ground.
We are not.
See that? That's unresolved sexual
tension. Resolve it you annoying
Can you guys shut up please.
There's somethings still missing.
Oh at least you guys here.
ALEX takes out a show box of MINI FIGURES. He places the box
on the ground.
Oh no. Not them
Look we're out of the box. But
we're still in this box. YAY!!!!!!!
Please shut them up.
Look. A man. But he's also a boy.
Okay guys, shut up please.
Some of us are girls. YAY!!
Shut up okay please!
Alex I'm so glad you found us. I
can't spend another moment crammed
with these things. Especially her.
RAGGEDY SANDY (OFFENDED)
See? They're in love. They're just
Looks like you're all here. Let's
ALEX picks up PERRY
Alex, Alex wait.
I don't think we mind it up here.
What? Oh yeah. Oh yes. We don't
mind it up here.
We just don't want to be in a box.
Now if I had my own box...
Well if he gets his own box, I want
my own box too.
Shut up you noobs.
If I'm going to be left up here, I
want a dream house. I will not be
left in a box. I want to be in a
We don't care. YAY!!!
Okay, whatever, but why do you all
want to stay up here?
We care about you.
You know that right?
You guys sound like my mother.
Some of us are girls.. ya...
Shut up, please.
Alex, we think it's time you put us
Because it's weird. A grown man
with all these toys.
I liked it. I liked getting clothes
and shoes bought for me. Now it's
all over. But I still want a dream
Yeah. That actually sounds cute.
But why all of a sudden?
It wasn't all of a sudden. We've
been debating this for years.
Years? How long is years?
He's exaggerating. It was one year.
Last year to be exact.
That's when I moved back in.
Yes. You were broken hearted. That
was when you started hearing us
I was hurt.
You needed time until it was time
to move on. Everyone needs time.
Even we do. We loved having you
back, but everything must move on
I'm not ready.
And you might not be ready anytime
soon, but you have to make the
Let go of childhood things.
But not of your own youthful
Because that's important.
ALEX pauses. Thinks. Looks at his toys.
I'm going to buy Darlie that
Nice. Thank you.
And more boxes. Yay!!!!!
ALEX exits. The toys don't talk.