youtube.com/edcaoartist

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 18, 2013

31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 17 - Hey Old Friend

HEY OLD FRIEND
Scene - Hall 42
Interior. Night. ARI enters among party goers and announces:
ARI 
Thank you everyone for coming to my CD album signing. It's been such a long journey and I couldn't have done it without all of you. It's because of this journey that not only do I have a CD coming out, but I'm also the designer of my own fashion line. Please visit me over at www.ari-ocean.com and make all of your fine fashion purchased over there. 
BEAU enters.
ARI
Beauregard. 
BEAU
Hi.
ARI
OMG how are you?
BEAU
I'm fine. Thanks for inviting me.
ARI
Of course. You were there from the very start. Where's Ronnie? I thought you guys were going to come together.
BEAU
We haven't came together in a long time.
ARI
Oh,,, eeewwww. Some things never change huh?
BEAU
Never you worry Ari. Some things don't and some things do.
RONNIE enters. ARI notices.
ARI
That's good. Oh look. Look who's here.
RONNIE
Hi Ari. Thanks for inviting me.
ARI
No problem. 
ARI hugs RONNIE.
ARI
I'll leave you two alone.
ARI talks to other party goers.
RONNIE
Hi Beau.
BEAU
Ronnie. It's good to see you.
RONNIE
Yeah.
BEAU
Of course it is.
RONNIE
I thought you would accuse me of ignoring you for years.
BEAU
I thought so too. I'm fine though. I am sorry I haven't been keeping in contact. I didn't want to bother you and your husband. How is Sonny?
RONNIE
He's fine. He's at home with our own little Sonny.
BEAU
Man it's been too long. You're a father now.
RONNIE
Kinda. We have a dog now.
BEAU
Oh no. You're getting out there in the world dude.
RONNIE
A guy's got to grow up sometime.
BEAU
Since I'm here, and you're here, do you think they're here.
RONNIE
Who?
BEAU
You know.
RONNIE
Well, they did know her before we did. 
GARY and JASON enter.
BEAU
Hmmm, there they are. Gary and Jason. The It Couple. They were on the cover of Gay and Lesbian Drama Magazine, they designed costumes for all those theater productions, I think Jason did voice acting for awhile.
RONNIE
Look at them. All flashy.
BEAU
Are we hating?
RONNIE
No. If we were hating, we'd be jealous. We don't want what they have. We don't want none of that.
BEAU
Oooh, here they come.
BEAU and RONNIE run offstage as JASON and GARY cross. BEAU and RONNIE re-enter from the other side of the stage. 
RONNIE
That was close. I do not want to see them.
BEAU
Maybe they changed. I mean, we changed.
RONNIE
Have we?
BEAU
We're talking aren't we?
RONNIE
That is true. But, they were horrible to us. They were horrible to you.
BEAU
Yeah. 
RONNIE
They would spread lies about us. They would spread lies about you.
BEAU
Yeah.
RONNIE
It still hurts huh?
BEAU
Yeah.
RONNIE
Do you want to try to talk to them.
BEAU
No.
BEAU and RONNIE disappear into the party.
GARY
Did you see who was here?
JASON
Hmmm?
GARY
The It Couple.
JASON
The It Couple?
GARY
Yeah, Beauregard and Ronnie.
JASON
Oh yes. They were on the cover of Lesbian and Gay Weekly. Ronnie writes for them now. Beau's always modeling for them.
GARY
Beau? Modeling? I guess he got over that awkward stage. Remember how awkward he was?
JASON
Yeah. They were so cheesy.
GARY
And so sensitive. Like they couldn't take a joke.
JASON
Yeah he was always crying.
GARY
Who?
JASON
Both of them.
GARY
Oh man, yeah huh.
JASON 
Are they back together?
GARY
I don't know. I don't care.
JASON
Do you think they've changed?
GARY 
Serious? Have we changed?
JASON
No not really.
GARY
No one changes.
JASON
Yeah you're right.
ARI greets JASON and GARY as the slow dance music progresses.
ARI
Hey guys. 
GARY
Hey.
ARI hugs GARY and JASON. She then calls to RONNIE and BEAU and they have no choice but to approach. ARI leaves as RONNIE, BEAU, GARY and JASON mingle.
RONNIE (TO BEAU)
Would you like to dance?
BEAU
Why not?
JASON (TO GARY)
Yeah?
GARY
Yeah.
BEAU and RONNIE start to dance to the music. JASON and GARY do the same. After a moment, BEAU ends up with GARY. RONNIE ends up with JASON.
BEAU
Hello
GARY
Hi.
BEAU
It's been awhile mister.
GARY
Yes. 
JASON
Your hair is different.
RONNIE
No it's not.
JASON
Whatever.
BEAU
You've lost weight.
GARY
Yeah?
BEAU
No.
GARY
Oh.
BEAU goes back to RONNIE.
BEAU
He is so fake.
GARY goes back to JASON.
GARY
Awkward.
GARY dances with RONNIE. BEAU dances with JASON.
GARY
Hi Ronnie
RONNIE
Gary.
JASON
Beau. How've you been?
BEAU
Does it really matter?
BEAU goes back to RONNIE. JASON goes back to GARY.
RONNIE
That was weird.
BEAU
Totally.
JASON and GARY join RONNIE and BEAU.
JASON
It was great seeing you guys again.
GARY
We must do it again.
RONNIE
Yeah.
BEAU
Yeah.
JASON and GARY exit one way. RONNIE and BEAU exit the other way.
RONNIE
No?
BEAU
No.
END

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have Some Fun