youtube.com/edcaoartist

Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 28 - The New Girl in Town

THE NEW GIRL IN TOWN
Scene - Brianne's Home
BRIANNE sits at the head of a circle of ladies in a living setting. NADIA sits next to BRIANNE. JANETTE and ABBY sit side by side.
BRIANNE
Welcome everyone. It's been a year since Nadia has joined our little community and discovered our dirty little secrets. She has found out that our very own Janette, who has been struggling with cancer, is actually a ghost, but God love her for sticking around even after her death. She learned that Abby is really a demon princess from another dimension. Girl power. And finally, she has revealed to all of you that I am in fact not a human being, but a very complicated piece of machinery. A Stepford if you will. It was quite a shock to me too, but if there's anything I have learned in our "adventures" it's that we are all friends still. We have these dirty secrets and we're all still together. Now Nadia, it's your turn.
NADIA
My turn?
ABBY
Yeah, reveal your dirty secret.
NADIA
I don't really have one.
JANETTE
Oh come on. We know you do. 
NADIA
How could you possibly know that?
ABBY
Because we were snooping around and found a locked box in a locked safe in a locked room in your locked house.
NADIA
You guys broke in?
JANETTE
It's kind of easy if you're a ghost ya know.
BRIANNE
Nadia, we're not trying to gang up on you. We care about you, we're your friends, if something is wrong, we'd like to know.
NADIA
Nothing is wrong, and if you're really my friends you'll let it go.
JANETTE
Okay fine. If you want us to drop if we will.
NADIA
Thank you.
Scene - Nadia's House
Nighttime. JANETTE leads ABBY and BRIANNE outside as they attempt to break into NADIA's house yet again. 
BRIANNE
Girls, what are we doing?
JANETTE
We're going to find out for sure what's in that stupid box of hers.
BRIANNE
Janette we promised.
JANETTE
So. I'm a ghost, what is she going to do.
BRIANNE
She's going to get you exorcised. Me reprogrammed and send out Buffy the Vampire Slayer for Abby.
ABBY
Oh that's funny.
JANETTE
She is not going to do all that. We're her friends.
ABBY
I love that show.
BRIANNE
Her friends? We're breaking into her house.
JANETTE
Yeah I know, so hurry up before she wakes up.
JANETTE "ghosts" through the walls and opens the windows from inside for ABBY and BRIANNE. They both get in.
ABBY
I always thought it was spooky in here.
JANETTE
Really demon princess?
JANNETTE floats around and gets hold of the box. She puts her finger in the complicated lock system, supposedly picking the lock.
ABBY
Hey I didn't know about that until a few months ago. Not surprised though. I'm just too awesome. There's no possible way I'm human.
BRIANNE
What is it to be human really?
JANETTE
Oh God. You need to stop watching Blade Runner okay.
BRIANNE
I have not been watching Blade Runner. I've been watching A.I.
NADIA enters.
NADIA
What are you all doing here?
JANETTE's fiddling has opened up the box.
JANETTE
Uh oh.
NADIA
Abby, NO!!!!
A plethora of demons exit the box and start flying about.
BRIANNE
What is that?
NADIA
My dirty secret. Ladies, meet all the negative things I keep hidden from all of you. 
BRIANNE
Those are negative feelings?
The demons crash out of the show. The girls run outside.
Scene - The Neighborhood
Nighttime. NADIA leads the girls to find the demons.
NADIA 
My mother was a witch who put a spell on me. All of my negative feelings would turn into little demons that would fit into that little box, as long as they stayed locked in.
The demons are seen flying through the night.
JANETTE
Wow, these are years of negative feelings?
NADIA
Yes, and unless we get all of them, the world is doomed.
BRIANNE
Come on girls.
ABBY use her demon strength to throw one of the demons towards NADIA who opens up her box and locks it up. BRIANNE uses her robot powers to neutralize several demons. She throws them at NADIA who captures them in the box too. JANETTE posseses a demon and knocks it out.
NADIA
Come on girls, only 200 to go.
The girls fight all night, defending the neighborhood.
Scene - Nadia's House
Daytime. The front porch. NADIA is sitting alone at thought. BRIANNE enters holding a purse.
BRIANNE
How are you feeling?
NADIA
I'm feeling that I'm really upset that you girls invaded me like that.
BRIANNE
Nadia it's because we love you. 
NADIA
Well I don't love this about myself. I hate how ugly I really am.
BRIANNE sits next to NADIA.
BRIANNE
Nadia, you are not an ugly person. Everyone has negativity.
NADIA
But mine are so bad that I have to keep them bottled in a stupid box.
BRIANNE
Well, maybe you shouldn't bottle them up. Look.
BRIANNE takes out a little demon from her purse. It's crying very wildly.
NADIA
What is that?
BRIANNE
It's one of your negative feelings. It's a little one. 
NADIA
Why didn't you lock it up?
BRIANNE
Because that's not the answer. You have to deal with your negative feelings, or it'll grow and grow and eventually attack the whole town.
BRIANNE hands NADIA the demon like a baby. NADIA holds it in her arms, comforting it.
NADIA
You poor dear. Please don't cry. It's going to be all right.
The demon stars to calm down and glow.
BRIANNE
Nadia look. 
NADIA
What's going on?
The demon turns into a butterfly.
BRIANNE
You've turned it into a positive.
The butterfly flies away as the two friends look on.
END


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have Some Fun