youtube.com/edcaoartist

Blog Archive

Monday, August 19, 2013

31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 18 - A Boy Named Jordy

A BOY NAMED JORDY
Scene - A Bookstore
Exterior. Day. DONNIE is at a desk signing copies of his new book, "Jordy Buys a Business." A huge line of people wait to meet him. Some are dressed up as the character JORDY. COSPLAYER is up next in line.
COSPLAYER
Hi Donnie.
DONNIE
Hi.
COSPLAYER
It is so awesome to meet you.
DONNIE
Thanks. And thank you for purchasing my book.
COSPLAYER
I really love this comic strip. How did you come up with this guy?
DONNIE
He was based off of the first guy I fell in love with.
COSPLAYER
Really? And you never forgot about him?
DONNIE
No.
COSPLAYER
Who was he?
DONNIE
His name was Jordan. I met him in an AOL chatroom. Remember AOL?
COSPLAYER
I do.
DONNIE
Oh good. I was starting to feel like a dinosaur. He moved aburplty and I feel I never got to say goodbye properly.
DONNIE
At times I wondered how he would've grown up. I remember he wanted to work at a Salon. I'd like to think that he would be running his own right now. Maybe he's a writing an article on hair styling tips for a magazine. He was very smart. In all honesty, I just wanted my comic strip to be so popular that people would cosplay as him and I'd feel like he was around.
COSPLAYER
What do you think of my costume?
DONNIE
It's very well made.
COSPLAYER
Thank you.
DONNIE
I could almost say you were Jordy.
COSPLAYER
If you could see him again, would you?
DONNIE
I've thought about that. I don't think I would. I'd like to remember him how he was. A cute punk rock teen reeking of Hot Topic fragrances. Hair colored in Manic Panic.
COSPLAYER
You miss him
DONNIE
I do. But he's off in the past. I've changed, and I'm pretty sure he's changed too. I've idealized his image so much that I'm not sure anyone can match up to it. And no one should. It's a fantasy.
COSPLAYER
You don't think he's real anymore
DONNIE
He was real, but I've forgotten a lot of the details. But what I remember, is very dreamy.
COSPLAYER kisses DONNIE.
COSPLAYER
I love... your memories. Keep dreaming okay?
DONNIE
I will.
COSPLAYER exits.
DONNIE (TO HIMSELF)
Jordy.
END


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have Some Fun