youtube.com/edcaoartist

Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

31 Plays in 31 Days - Day 27 - Yesterday Once More

YESTERDAY ONCE MORE
SCENE - THE AUDITORIUM
JACKSON sits alone in thought on the edge of the stage. AJA enters after a moment.
AJA
Hi Tiger.
JACKSON
Hey.
AJA and JACKSON hug.
AJA
It's been way too long huh.
JACKSON
What are you doing here?
AJA
I teach here. What are you doing here?
JACKSON
Just needed to be somewhere happy.
AJA
What's wrong, did you and Vandella break-up. (pause) Oh no, you and Vandella broke up?
JACKSON
It's a little more complicated than that.
AJA
I'm sorry. Do you want to tell me about it.
AJA sits next to JACKSON.
JACKSON
College, it changes people. 
AJA
It really does. 
Pause.
JACKSON
Hey, how's your brother doing?
AJA
Brian? He's off at New York, making his dreams come true.
JACKSON
Hey, you wanted stardom? Why are you still here?
AJA
I can't seem to leave. I love teaching theater. I love the looks on these kids faces. They want what we wanted when we were in our High School musical. To just have a good time and leave all of the crap of High School behind. We all got lost in shows like West Side Story, Grease, The Wiz...
JACKSON
Awww, The Wiz. I loved that show.
AJA
You were the best Scarecrow.
JACKSON
And Diana Ross had nothing on your Dorothy.
AJA
Yeah, but original cast member Stephanie Mills did.
Laughter. Pause.
JACKSON
It's good to see you again.
AJA gets up.
AJA
Look, I'm grabbing something to eat for lunch, would you like to join me?
JACKSON
I'm sorry. I can't. As awesome as that would be.
AJA
I understand. 
AJA starts to walk away. She then turns around and...
AJA
Hey, if you wanted to know, Brian will be visiting tomorrow.
JACKSON
Yeah?
AJA
Yeah. 
JACKSON
Thank you.
AJA
Anything for a friend.
JACKSON
It will be real good to see him.
AJA
I realize that.
AJA exits. Pause. JACKSON smiles, jumps up on his feet and happily exits.
END




No comments:

Post a Comment

Have Some Fun